Monday 26 January 2009

SoD Won

I read (well, skimmed really) everything already written for the SoD fic, plotted the remaining chapters more thoroughly and then wrote 4 pages of the next chapter. Then decided it was a good time to find the song Rain said would work really well for it. I found it and I love it. 'What about now?' by Chris Daughtry. I've actually ordered the CD because I like it so much lol. Anyway, it would have fitted perfectly for the fic, had I listened to it before I started this chapter. Now, it doesn't fit so well because of what's already been said. So, I have three choices:
1. I re-write the chapter to make the song fit.
2. I try and add the song in to the next chapter (or maybe an additional chapter).
3. Write a one-shot with the song, along the lines of SoD. Just, compressed, from 56k+ words (that's online already, final few chapters excluded) to around, oh, a few pages worth.
I'm going to try for number 2, but I will only use it if it really fits. But I do really want to use it.

Back to the changes I'm making. I can talk about it now, or some of it anyway, some I'd rather not still. But basically, after being a member of Mettle for 2 years, and a leader for 18 months on top of that, I've decided it's time to leave.

I've not regretted any of it. It's been an awesome learning curve for me, both as a member and a leader. But I feel that its time to move on. I never had a break between roles, and after 3 and a half years, it's time to do something different.

The different isn't going to happen for several months. At least after Easter, and possibly not until the summer or fall. However, I'm happy I've made the right choice and leaving now (well, the end of February) is right. I could easily say 'Oh, I'll leave at the end of the school year' but I don't think that's right. I knew just saying it was going to be hard, and it was a bit, but I felt really calm about it too. I know I'm doing the right thing and whatever comes next is in God's hands.

No comments: