Thursday 25 November 2010

1st in Series Challenge 2011

The 1st In a Series Challenge 2011 is being hosted by Katy over at A Few More Pages, and it's a challenge I'm looking forward to! Very simple, to read a certain number (or more) books that are the first of a series. Any genre, any publication year, they just have to be the first book of a series.

There are four different levels for this challenge that each participant can choose from:

  • Series Novice: Read 3 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Lover: Read 6 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Expert: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Fanatic: Read 20 books that are the first in any series.
I've decided to pick the Expert level, 12 firsts. I would love to aim for the Fanatic level because the vast majority of what I read are series books, but I think I'd be being cocky picking it for my first year taking part. So I'm going to aim for the 12 and see how I find that!

The books I read for this challenge are likely to change, but here are 6 that are very likely to be read for it:

The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson [Sign of the Zodiac] - Goodreads
Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin [Jaz Parks] - Goodreads
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting [Body Finder] - Goodreads
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain [The Dark Divine] - Goodreads
My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey [Drake Chronicles] - Goodreads
Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready [WVMP Radio] - Goodreads

You don't need to be a blogger to take part in this challenge, and if you're interested, go check out the post over at A Few More Pages and sign up! 

Anyone else planning on taking part in this one?

1 comment:

Katy said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! :D