Sunday 8 February 2009

Ill. Again

A very common thing for me this time of year, ill for a couple of weeks, a little better for a day or two, then ill again, for a total of around 3 months. Still well in the grip of that right now and it's starting to show. My last post was almost a warning sign. For a couple of days I was feeling very down for no real reason. Early signs that maybe depression is creeping in. Again. Except, things are going fairly ok right now, apart from being ill, so it doesn't entierly make sense. Mostly right now I think I need to take it all as a warning sign. Stay busy, keep my mind occupied, not allowing myself to focus on the bad stuff, just keep going.

So when riding was cancelled yesterday due to the snow and ice, I spent time writing again. For some reason I've avoided it for a few days, yet wanted to write a lot of the time. Strange. Anyway, I deleted about a page and a half to start with and wrote that section again, and I'm much happier with it now, though there are still edits required to it I'm sure. I hope to be able to settle and work on it later, but it will really depend on how I'm feeling after Mettle. And right now, I don't feel good!! This chapter of SoD may be the strangest I've written yet. I wrote the beginning followed by the end (though there's a bit to tag on there) and now I'm working on the middle. Never worked that way before, but it's working in this case. It will all need some smoothing over to make it flow I suspect, but it should be easy enough once I've finished the middle section and I've read it all through together. I hope! I'm so close to the end of this fic it's driving me crazy. I can just about see the finished thing in my head, and now I just have to get it on to paper, or in to Word suppose. Just a couple more chapters to go, actually, probably one after this one and this is half done! So close, yet so far. Now If I could just have some more energy to allow me the time to work on it, that'd be great!

No comments: