Wednesday 12 May 2010

Waiting (Im)Patiently

It is May 12th today, meaning it's just 6 days, less than at this point, until Spirit Bound is (finally) released. [EW.com today posted an exclusive first look at a SB trailer and interview with Richelle here and my SB/Shadow Kiss contest is still going on here]. But while I'm totally hyped up on that, it's not the only super-awesome-must-have book coming out in the next few weeks. There are several coming out that should be checked out asap!

May 25th:
Reign Check by Michelle Rowen. The second Demon Princess book, a YA series following teen Nikki after she discovers her father is a demon king. Fun times with a serious undertone, loved the first one and can't wait for this! (And totally adore the cover!) (speaking of Michelle's works, I owe a review of The Demon in Me, which I loved, will try and have that up later or tomorrow.)

Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur. The 9th and final Riley Jenson book. Life got twisted upside down for Riley in the previous book, Bound To Shadows, and she's got a lot to deal with. I will be sad to say goodbye to Riley, but I'm also really excited to see how her story ends! (note: Moon Sworn is out 27th May in the UK) patiently

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews. The 4th Kate Daniels book. I am going as crazy waiting for this book as Spirit Bound. Kate's world is a fascinating one with some of the deepest and realistic characters I've ever read. The first book may have put a few people off, it's not great, but the rest of the series is incredible and I can not wait to see how things go for Kate in the new book after some of the events of Magic Strikes! Brand shiny new snippet of this went up on Penguin's site today here. Reading it about killed me. Seriously. I want it more than ever and I didn't think that was possible!

Glimmerglass by Jenna Black. The first book in a new YA series about faeries. First chapter is up on Jenna's site here and it's good! Very excited about this one!

June 1st sees the release of Rachel Vincent's 3rd Soul Screamers book, My Soul To Keep. A friend of mine was lucky enough to get a hold of an early copy from Rachel at RT this year and tells me it's the best yet. She's rarely wrong about these things!!

June 8th Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is out. Other than being about a girl raised by werewolves I know little about this new YA book, except for repeatedly seeing various authors I follow mentioning that they love it. It sounds good and with the recs it's getting, I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: