Sunday 10 October 2010

In My Mailbox [5]

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kirsti at The Story Siren. It's a chance to share what books we've bought/received in the previous week.

I didn't post a IMM last week as I had nothing to report. Why? Because I am on a self imposed book buying ban. Which as it turned out, timed perfectly or I wouldn't be able to afford my riding lessons which I'm just about to start again. Yay! Except, it's also going to mean less books once again, generally speaking. Oh well. Anyway, the ban means the titles I've received this week are all review titles from various sources, plus one book that I won.

Okay, for review, from Lynsey at UK Book Tours I received:
The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
ARC copy of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

From NetGalley and HarperTeen I've got:
Afterlife by Claudia Gray [I already finished this one and 'fab!' is all I'm saying about it right now.]
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Delirium by Lauren Oliver

And finally for review titles, direct from the author:
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H. P. Mallory.

I also won a signed ARC copy of Magic at the Gate by Devon Monk!
That post-it was on the cover when I took it out the envelope, but I put it inside for safe keeping ;)

So really was a 'In My Mailbox' week, virtually and in reality (...if you ignore the fact of my being in the UK means it's not a mailbox and it comes straight through the front door to land on the doormat...). A great week as well! So excited to get in to all of these titles, I'm seriously at a loss as to which to decide on next!! A massive Thank You to all those who are responsible for supplying me with these titles.

What's in your mailbox this week?

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Great books. I got Delirium off Net Galley too and what I've read so far is awesome! Enjoy

iffath said...

Crescendooooooooo <3
And is everybody getting accepted Delirium now, and not me?! *cries*

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Congrats on the ARCs Cem!

Here's what I got, nothing nearly as cool! http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox_10.html

the story siren said...

i never follow through on my book buying bans... hope you enjoy your books! (don't you love netgalley!) happy reading!

basma aal said...

Have fun reading
here is my IMM: http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-7.html

I am a new follower :)

prophecygirl said...

Can't wait to see what you think of all these. Delirium and Angelfire especially.. it's so cool they've been made available electronically! Enjoy!

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

awesome books - very jealous of delerium

Belinda said...

Great books this week. Hope you have loads of fun reading them :)I can't wait to see what you thought of Crescendo !

Come by and see my experimental IMMB

Alison Can Read said...

Yay for Crescendo! I've heard good things about Cinderella Society too.
My IMM

Tara said...

Congrats on being accepted for the HarperTeen netgalley copies! I've been looking for Cinderella Society, but I can't find it :( Hope you enjoy your new reads!

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

Enjoy Crescendo! I'm eager to read it!

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books