Monday 18 October 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday, What are you Reading? is a weekly post hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey.

So last week I listed a very long list of 5 books that I wanted to read, not actually thinking I could manage it, but I couldn't choose what would be next, so it seemed like the thing to do. What I actually read last week was:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

And yesterday I read the first 100 pages of Magic at the Gate by Devon Monk, which wasn't on the list. I failed epically on getting anywhere with that list for two reasons: 1. I was very sick from Monday - Friday. 2. My sis and her boyfriend leant me season 6 of House so I spent 2 1/2 days sick in bed just watching that.

So this weeks plan is mostly a copy of last weeks:



Magic at the Gate by Devon Monk (I don't have the pretty cover, but I do have a signed ARC proof so it's all good!)
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by HP Mallory

I'm hoping to finish MatG today and maybe even start on one of the others afterwards. Again, I've no intention of actually managing to finish all these this week, but they're all the next book on my list (except Nightshade which hasn't arrived yet but hopefully will tomorrow!), so any of them could be read.

So, what are you reading?

7 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Loks like a great week this week. Loved Nightshade and panting for both Angelfire and Delirium. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes have the same problem when my to-read list is almost the same from one week to the next. But hey, it doesn't matter really.

Happy reading!

Lale said...

Angelfire and Delirium are both awesome! Hope you enjoy them :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Sometimes I do that - I list what i plan to read and then read something entirely different. :) I hope you enjoyed The Cinderella Society!

AlleluiaLu said...

The Cinderella Society and Nightshade look interesting to me. Hope you are feeling better - isn't House amazing? Love him.

Come visit my blog if you get a chance:
http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2010/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

I think I linked the last blog I visited to someone else's blog...uh oh.

Have a great week!

Julie said...

What a great reading week you have lined up! I keep seeing Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble; I'm going to have to check it out!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Wow, that's a lot of really great books to be reading :) I've just started White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick..