Thursday 23 December 2010

2011 Most Wanted

Over the weekend I shared my top picks from 2010 for YA and adult books. 2010 has been an awesome year for books and 2011 promises more of the same! So here's some of the books I'm most looking forward to, split in to 4 groups with 5 titles each: 2011 releases I've already read that you need to, YA debuts, YA non-debuts and adult books. A bunch of these don't have covers yet as it's too soon, but I will share those that do!

Already Read
If these aren't on you 'Must Have' list already, they need to be!! (these are all YA by the way)



Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - this is a stunning debut and quite possibly my favourite read of the year. It's about angels, but it's really different to all the other angel books I've read of late. Refreshingly real and honest, as well as being beautifully written with fantastic characters! Publisher: HarperTeen (US) Date: Jan 4th 2011. Review // Goodreads 

My Soul To Steal by Rachel Vincent - Soul Screamers #4 picks up shortly after where book 3 left off and continues the story in spectacular form! I don't want to spoil anything for those not up to date with the series so I won't add more here, but if you've not yet tried this series, you need to! Very different to most YA's out there! Publisher: HarlequinTeen (US) Date: Jan 1st - official date, but may well be in stores already! Review // Goodreads // Rachel's site

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney - this is Kaz's debut novel, focusing on fae and dark magic and it's a really fantastic read!! I just finished it a couple of days ago and barely put it down. Some very nice mythology use as well as being a great story. Also, is that cover not seriously gorgeous?! Publisher: Random House Children's Books (UK), Flux (US) Date: Jan 20th (UK) Jan 25th (US). Goodreads // Kaz's site

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - the third book in the Iron Fey series is unquestioningly the best one yet! It's heart wrenching, shocking, fantastic story telling and un-put-down-able. If you've not yet tried this awesome series, you need to! One of my most favourite reads this year. Publisher: HarlequinTeen (US) Date: Feb 1st. Goodreads // The Iron Fey site

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton - another debut book, also about angels. Very kick ass!! Lots of action, little romance, great characters and some great mythology as well. A really great read with lots of potential for book 2 to be even better! Publisher:  HarperTeen (US) Date: Feb 15th. Goodreads // Courtney's site

YA - already published authors
Simply put I want all of these (desperately!) because the ones that came before them are amazing!! So check out the 1st books in the series if you've not tried them yet! Because half the Goodreads pages for these don't have descriptions yet I'm linking to (and yes, I cheated and have 6th title here cause I couldn't narrow it further...)


If I Die by Rachel Vincent [Soul Screamers #5]
Publisher: HarlequinTeen - Date: Fall - Goodreads // Rachel's site

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready [Shade #2]
Publisher: Simon Pulse - Date: May 4th (US) June 1st (UK) - Goodreads // Jeri's site

Shadowspell by Jenna Black [Faeriewalker #2]
Publisher: St. Martin's Press - Date: Jan 4th - Goodreads // Jenna's site

Crossed by Ally Condie [Matched #2]
Publisher: Dutton - Date: late 2011 - Goodreads // Matched site

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa [Iron Fey #4]
Publisher: HarlequinTeen - Date: late 2011 - Goodreads // The Iron Fey site

Defiance by Lili St. Crow [Strange Angels #4]
Publisher: Razorbill (US)/Quercus (UK) - Date: April 19th - Goodreads // Strange Angels site

YA - Debut Authors
While all of these sound very different, I want them all for the same reasons. They all sound fantastic and several of them are getting great early reviews that are making me want them all the more!!



Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Publisher: Random House - Date: April 26th - Goodreads // Tessa's site

Divergent by Veronica Roth 
Publisher: HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books - Date: May 3rd - Goodreads // Veronica's blog

Entangled by Cat Clarke
Publisher: Quercus (UK) - Date: Jan 6th - Goodreads // Cat's site

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
Publisher: Greenwillow Books - Date: Feb 22nd - Goodreads // Leah's site

Possession by Elana Johnson
Publisher: Simon & Schuster - Date: June 7th - Goodreads // Elana's site

Adult
Like all the YA's I'm hungry for from already published authors, I'm after these titles because they're all the next book to my favourite series!




Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning [Fever #5] - I NEED ANSWERS!! (sorry, but shouting is valid there, read the series, you'll get it)
Publisher: Delacorte Press - Date: Jan 18th - Goodreads // KMM's site

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews [Kate Daniels #5] - More Kate and Curran. Enough said ;)
Publisher: Ace - Date: May 31st - Goodreads // Ilona's site

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead [Georgina Kincaid #6] - the final chapter for Georgina, I think it'll be a bumpy ride!
Publisher: Kensington (US)/Bantam (UK) - Date: Aug 30th - Goodreads // Richelle's site

Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead [Dark Swan #3] - Goodreads - war is coming for Eugenie, and it's going to be a heart wrenching ride, I just know it!
Publisher: Zebra (US)/Bantam (UK) - Date: Feb 22nd (US)/March 31st (UK) - Goodreads // Richelle's site

Spellbound by Kelley Armstrong [The Otherworld #12] - Savannah and Adam get together? At last? Pretty please?! (Note: this is strict speculation/hoping/wishing on my part!!
Publisher: Random House (Can)/Dutton (US)/Orbit (UK) - Date: Aug 4th - Goodreads // Kelley's site


And I'm cheating once more and throwing another one in the mix on this list, except I can't just list it because there aren't any details yet. Rachel Vincent, one of my favourite authors, has a new adult title, the first of a new series, coming out in the Fall and the tiny tidbits she has shared, along with knowing (and loving) her writing style mean I'm very anxious for this one as well!!

Phew. Okay, now, that is a teeny tiny glimpse at my 2011 wishlist, and I've not bothered adding already out titles (of which there are many as well). What books are you most excited for in 2011?

Notes: all dates are what is currently listed on Amazon/Goodreads and some may change at later dates. Covers may also change. All covers shown are US versions, apart from The Iron Witch, Shift, Iron Crowned, Spellbound and Entangled (which is a UK only release at present).

3 comments:

Avery said...

I couldn't agree with your choices! I have already pre-ordered "Unearthly", "Angelfire", "Defiance" and "Spellbound"... I cannot wait to get my hands on them!
:)

Elana Johnson said...

Awesome picks! Thanks for including POSSESSION--I hope you like it!!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

So, so many great books there. A lot of them are already on my list but I love that cover of Possession and it's since been added to my wishlist :)