Sunday 12 December 2010

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sunday's is hosted by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life. Each week there is a poll running for two possible subjects for Top 5, and the one with the most votes is then picked.

This weeks subject: Books YOU want for Christmas!

Normally I know pretty much everything I'm getting for Christmas ahead of time. I'm not too big a fan of surprises and I like getting stuff I really want over random stuff picked for me. Normally, none of this includes books because I buy far, far too many and it would be risky for me to give a list to someone of books I want cause I might end up buying them before hand anyway. This year though is different. My wishlist has exploded this year, my Amazon one standing at 64 titles (this is already out books, my 2011 releases one currently stands at 72) and my Goodreads one is longer. So I gave a long list of books to my parents for a change and I'm hoping that at least a couple of them end up under the tree!! Here are the 5 from that list, in no order, that I want most right now:


When The Stars Go Blue by Caridad Ferrer - Goodreads
Why? Because it sounds really good, I am craving some contemporary YA over paranormal and because while I know you shouldn't judge by a cover, I do love this cover!


Lament by Maggie Stiefvater [Books of Faerie #1] - Goodreads
Why? Because I met Maggie when she was in the UK earlier in the year and she's an awesome person. I didn't like Shiver, but I kind of loved Linger and combined, that really makes me want to check out her faerie books as well.


Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready [WVMP #1] - Goodreads
Why? Because I loved her first YA, Shade, and her short YA which is set in her WVMP world (but unconnected to the adult series, at least for now). I've been wanting to check this series out for a while, but now it's hit the top of my must have list.

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler [Jane True #1] - Goodreads
Why? I read the start of chapter one in the back of...I forget which book, but I read it earlier this year and really liked it. A couple of my book buddies have read and loved the first couple books, so I'm really curious to find out more.


The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson [Sign of the Zodiac #1] - Goodreads
Why? It's another first in series I've heard good things about and sounds really interesting as well.

What about you guys? What books are you craving for Christmas?

4 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh Cem! I think you would like both The Scent of Shadows and Tempest Rising!

Tempest Rising was very good. I love Nicole Peeler, she has quite a bit of humor in her books, so I think you would like her. She's a member of the League of Reluctant Adults along with Richelle and Mark Henry who is just too funny sometimes!

The Scent of Shadows was really good because this series is unlike any other I have read. There are no vampires or anything supernatural like that, but superheroes and villains! It's quite entertaining and the series has really picked up now! I'm on edge waiting for the next one!!

Hope you get those two, as well as the others you want! Because I want to hear your opinions on this one!

*Since I already got my friend hooked on Rachel's and Richelle's work, I'm moving on to Kelley Armstrong and Jeaniene Frost for her xmas presents!

Here's my Top 5 Sundays

Avery said...

Oh gosh... I feel so lacking- I have never heard of any of these books before! Must go and read every review of them I can find and debate whether I need to add them to my TBR pile!
;)

Unknown said...

awesome picks!! I LOVE Jeri Smith-Ready's books!!! Vicki's Zodiac series is amazing! =D

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

When The Stars Go Blue does sound really good .. and after reading Shade, I'm quite curious about other books by Jeri Smith-Ready as well!