Saturday 4 December 2010

Pretty New Covers!!

Few new covers floating around that I'd like to share, first up being the cover for Devon Monk's forthcoming steampunk novel, Dead Iron.

  

I really like this cover. Very eye catching and I'd totally go pick it up if I saw it in store! Dead Iron will be the first in her Age of Steam series and it's due to release July 5th 2011 in the US from Roc.


Next up, Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers book 2 in her Personal Demons trilogy.


I much prefer this cover to the first one. They still look a bit too old for the characters, but they do look closer than on Personal Demons. I love that Gabe is up front on this one!! I love Gabe more than Luc and it's nice to see him up front! Original Sin is out July 5th in the US from Tor.

Final one I want to show is one I've completely fallen in love with. UK cover for Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead:

I love the colors, I love the birds, I love the text and I really love the detail of lightning in her eye. I'm annoyed that they've changed the covers (making all three of her series getting cover changes in the UK this year), but it's so freaking pretty!!! I'm actually barely bothered, because every time I look at it, I fall a little more in love with it. Iron Crowned is being released February 22nd in the US from Zebra (imprint of Kensington) and March 31st (pretty please let that get changed to earlier!!) in the UK from Bantam Books.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Avery said...

I've read all of the Vampire Academy novels, but I have never read of Iron-Crowned by Richelle Mead... I had better check it out- and yes, the cover is gorgeous, it almost makes me like the colour pink...
;)

Have a great weekend!

Tomi said...

Wow. What a nice cover for Iron Crowned. I didn't like the usual cover for the Dark Swan series but this cover is just so lovable.

BTW when are you gonna post your review for the fever series?

Claire (Cem) said...

@Avery you NEED to read Richelle's other books! Both her Dark Swan and Georgina Kincaid series are awesome!!

@Sam Tomi My review for Darkfever is up, check the review archive for the link. My review for Bloodfever will follow this week and reviews for books 2 and 3 will probably be up next week :)