Sunday 26 December 2010

In My Mailbox [12]

IMM is a weekly post hosted by Kirsti at The Story Siren as a chance to share the books we've bought and received over the past week.

I know I said I wasn't going to blog this weekend, but I am making the effort for an IMM post because I got so many awesome books for Christmas this year! Something that virtually never happens because I buy too many myself. Plus a couple other things I can't help squeeing over ;)


But before them, books I've bought:
Counterfeit Magic by Kelley Armstrong - Goodreads
On Kindle (not pictured):
Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian - Goodreads
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter - Goodreads
Gifted:
The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate - Goodreads - this wasn't a present but a spare copy the lovely Nayuleska had and was kind enough to send me. Thank you!!

And on to Christmas gifts, starting with the non books ones:
Those are 2 of my favourite pressies this year, my St Vladimir's Academy hoody (Vampire Academy for those who don't know, avail from Arcane Vault. My poor mom had major drama getting this, and it only finally arrived on Christmas eve and all I could do on hearing the story yesterday was laugh at it all, like, seriously cracked up!! Oops!). I'm in love with this hoody because it's thick and warm and soft and Vampire Academy related!

The fluffy slipper boots are so awesome!! They're soooo soft and thick it's ridiculous. In the winter I'm always walking around downstairs with my regular boots on (think hiking/workman not heels ;) ) because of the freezing cold floors, but I won't wear slippers and with thick socks I just end up slipping across the floors. So sis decided to fix that problem this year with these 'boots.' Hard not to adore them, super soft, fluffy, warm and no slippage on the floors! Hurrah!!

And now for the far more interesting books:


Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready - Goodreads
The Darkest Edge of Dawn by Kelly Gay - Goodreads
Masques by Patrica Briggs - Goodreads
Wolfsbane by Patricia Briggs - Goodreads
My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent (UK version, I've got the US one already but it's so pretty!!) - Goodreads
My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey - Goodreads
Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey - Goodreads
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain - Goodreads
The Crescent by Jordan Deen - Goodreads - my review (I read a copy from UK Book Tours a while back and adored it, had to get my own copy!)
Signed US copy of Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs - Goodreads - my review

Simply put, an awesome haul this week that I'm now staring at and wondering how the hell I'm going to get through them all because I want to read them all 'next' (well, excluding the ones I've already read...)

So what did you get in your mailbox (or under the tree!) this week?  

Will now go back to hiding and blog silence as am exhausted and barely managed this post, see ya'll in a couple days :)

5 comments:

Michelle Greathouse said...

Great books! Enjoy.

M

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Wow! You got a lot!!

Here was my mailbox

Erika said...

So many lovely presents! Those slippers look heavenly!

Avery said...

I never knew that Lauren Kate had another series besides "Fallen"! I will have to check that out! And I cannot wait to see what you think of "Counterfeit Magic"...
And that hoodie? AWESOME!
;)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Ooh! Lots of shiny new books, how fabulous. And I think the hoodie is awesome (I still haven't read Vampire Academy yet though!) What will you choose to read next?! :)