Sunday 5 December 2010

British Books Challenge

Another 2011 challenge I've decided to sign up for!

The British Books Challenge is being hosted by The Bookette. The idea is simple, to read a certain number of books through 2011 that are written by British authors. Now I am very slack when it comes to reading Brit authors. Almost everything I read is written by American and Canadian authors, with the odd Aussie thrown in as well. I've been thinking for a while that I should probably change this, so this challenge is a good way for me to make sure I do!

You don't need to be a Brit to join in this one either! Here's the set up (copied from The Bookette's sign up post):

So what is the British Books Challenge?
The BBC (hee hee) is a reading challenge where bloggers sign up to read books by British writers throughout 2011.

The books can be in print or out. Old or new titles. They can be from any genre and for any age. My blog is obviously focused on YA and children's literature but you are welcome to read adult novels if you wish.

There are two entry categories for the challenge:


Home Grown
This is for British bloggers who have access to many British books via their public libraries, fit-to-bursting bookshelves at home etc. The target is to read 12 novels. Thanks to The Story Siren for creating a formula with the Debut Author Challenge that really works - one British book a month should be easy peasy!

International Friend
For any wonderful bloggers living overseas who wish to support British writers.
You can choose to between:

Winston Churchill - Read 6 books by British authors in 2011
The Royal Family - Read 12 books by British authors in 2011

---

12 books by British authors sounds pretty easy to me. I've got two books planned for this right now, I'll be adding the rest as I read them and link reviews in this post as well to keep track! (also, these two may not get read first, but they're ones I know I'll read)

1. Before I Die by Jenny Downham - Goodreads
2. Entangled by Cat Clarke - Goodreads

Interested in joining in? Head over to The Bookette's post for full details and sign up info!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for signing up to the challenge. I hope you get to read many great British books in 2011. Best of luck and thanks again for taking part.