Sunday 5 September 2010

Book of the Month

Brand shiny new meme started by AtenRa over at Just Another Book Blog. Exactly what it says on the tin. A chance to share the book that's been your favourite of the month, maybe share a little about it, why you liked it, link to a review of it or alike.

I've been lucky enough to read some awesome books through August and this is a hard decision.

Shortlist:
Blameless by Gail Carriger [review]
Wake by Lisa McMann [review]
The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa [review]

My winner though is Evernight by Claudia Gray. Technically I finished it in September, but I started it in August so it counts ;)

I love it because it's not your typical teen vampire love story. And it's freaking awesome!! My review of it is here.

Bianca has just left the small town where she's spent her whole life. She's a new student at Evernight Academy, a creepily Gothic boarding school where her classmates are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in. 

Then she meets Lucas, another loner, who seems fiercely determined not to be the "Evernight type." There's a connection between Bianca and Lucas that can't be denied. She would risk anything to be with him—but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart... and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed to be true.

So what's your Book of the Month?

2 comments:

xkenaix said...

Mine is Mockingjay! I'm surprised it didn't make your shortlist or are you still too emotional?

A Story Untold said...

Thanks so much for the support Cem :)
Evernight...well it was a bit weird for me,this book.I can't quite place it!I enjoyed it but I always felt that something was terribly wrong with it!