Sunday 12 September 2010

In My Mailbox [2]

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kirsti at The Story Siren and is a chance to share the books we've bought/received over the past week.

Once again this was a week full of new books for me. Too many. Far, far too many cause not only didn't I get get through many, but I'm more than a little over what money I actually have...oops. As a result I'm going to implement a self imposed month long book buying ban, 28th Sept - 28th October. Oct will be a long month...

Anyway, this week I bought:

Stargazer by Claudia Gray [Evernight #2]
Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie [Cursed Ones #1]
Firelight by Sophie Jordan [Firelight #1] [review]
Fade by Lisa McMann [Dream Catcher #2]
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater [Wolves of Mercy Falls #2]
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare [Infernal Devices #1]

Far too many books...it sort of caused a book shelf re-org, which was not fun but actually worked out well. Shelves look all neat again, though still almost maxed =/

So what did you get in your mailbox this week?

7 comments:

Precious said...

Interesting haul of books Cem! Happy reading! I loved Fade.

A Story Untold said...

Linger was way better than I expected!
Awesome you got Firelight, I'd love to read this one!!
Enjoy :)

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Wow! Full mailbox. Linger was good! Can't wait to hear your review on Clockwork Angel and Crusade.

And a book buying band! Oh my! Don't think I can do that just yet. Still trying to find Blameless and then Alpha will come out and I haven't read it yet, Miss Luckypants! ;)

Claire (Cem) said...

@Jess lol! I'm like, already freaking out over the idea of a month long book buying ban, but if you saw my credit card bill this month, you'd undersand why I have no choice ;) Oh, though, I will be getting one book in that time, Nightshade, cause it's already preordered, and really, not getting that would be Impossible!!

Belinda said...

You have a great pile of books this week. My BFF just got Crusade and the back blurb sounded interesting. Can't wait for your review of it.

Come by to see my mailbox

Maiawa said...

hi im going to follow this blog because well, if i must admit it, i luuuuuuve vampireacademy! plus your haul of books sounds really good. i read clockwork angel and it was fab, but i didnt expect anything else! ohhhh i just wanted to know what is a TBR pile? i mean, what does it stand for?
ps.tell us what you think of firelight cos ive been wanting to get that one and also linger was sooo good! (and i love her music)

Claire (Cem) said...

@Maiawa My review of Firelight is already up on the blog, but short version is I loved it. TBR = to-be-read, so my TBR shelf/pile is the books I've got waiting to be read.