Tuesday 21 September 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by MizB. over at Should Be Reading which gives the chance to share a small, spoiler free snippet of what you're currently reading.

The Rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share 2 SPOILER FREE 'teaser' lines from that page
4. List the author/title etc

So if you've yet to hear about the #SpeakLoudly twitter tag, the blog posts to go with it, or the starting point for it all, an article from one man who would like to see a few books banned (amongst other things) for reasons may are upset and angry over, myself included, where have you been? One of those books is Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. I'd see the cover for this book before, but I hadn't looked in to it. But I did on Sunday when all this started, and I instantly ordered a copy. It arrived today and I'm only a little way in to it cause I had to finish my other read first, but so far, it's great, and it's my Tuesday Teaser this week. And I'm cheating a little, this is actually 3 lines from it.

"And everything else that ever mattered in my entire existence just...stopped. I was underwater again, seeing things in a slow-motion fuzz without sound or context, without feeling, without care. The whole world could have ended and I wouldn't have noticed."
~ page 18

Title: Twenty Boy Summer
Author: Sarah Ockler
Publisher: Little Brown
Genre:  YA

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wonder if every teen feels that way at least once? Great teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-your-presence-is-requested-at-suvanto.html