Monday 27 September 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's Monday, what are you reading? is a weekly post hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey. It's a chance to share what you've read over the past week and plan on reading over the coming one.

So last week I mentioned that I probably would have time for much reading cause of other things but that there were two books top of my list to try and fit in: Gone by Lisa McMann and Linger by Maggie Striefvater. Well...things kinda went awry with my being ill and having other books I hadn't planned on arriving, arriving, so I didn't manage either of them. Haven't even started either of them yet! I did however, manage to read some other things:

Unraveled by Gena Showalter [review coming later or tomorrow]
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler [review]
Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews [review]
Angel by L. A. Weatherly [review]

And I'm currently reading The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams.

So, this week I'm mostly being dull and repeating last weeks post, because I need to read Linger this week, it is not a choice. I'm seeing Maggie (along with Jennifer Lynn Barnes, author of the awesome Raised By Wolves) on Sunday evening when they're in the UK giving a talk on werewolves in a neighbouring town. I can't wait for it, but I feel that despite my somewhat less then stellar opinion of Shiver (which wasn't bad, but wasn't to my tastes) that I should read book 2, Linger, before I go. So that I intend to read soon as I'm done with The Chosen One.

Past that, I'd love to read Gone this week having not read it last, and also the ARC of Matched by Ally Condie that I won last weekend. However, this week and next the World Equestrian Games (WEG) is taking place in Kentucky, and that means several horse events that are many hours long are being shown online or occationally on TV and I'll be watching [strange random aside, but one of my life goals it to make it to a WEG to watch some of it live ;)]. So the chances of me getting much reading done in the next two weeks is minimal. So my single goal for this week is to read Linger.

What about you?

3 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Loved your re view of Twenty Boy Summer. I also read it this week and enjoyed the book a lot. Hope you have a great week.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I'm interested in reading Shiver & Linger, despite the mixed reviews I've read.

I'm currently reading an ARC of Taken by the Others by Jess Haines.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am off to look at your Twenty Boy Summer review. I have had weeks where I have had to post the same books too.... no worries - life happens :)