Monday 6 September 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday, what are you reading? is a weekly post hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey which gives the chance to share what we've read over the past week, and what we're looking forward to over the coming one.

As I was away last Monday, I'm going to catch up on two weeks reading which included some really great books!!
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins [review]
Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti [review]
Blameless by Gail Carriger [review]
The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay [review]
Wake by Lisa McMann [review]
How To Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles
Return To Paradise by Simone Elkeles [review]
Evernight by Claudia Gray [review]
You by Charles Benoit [review]
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White [review]
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Kisses From Hell (YA anthology)

The ones above which haven't been reviewed yet, I hope to get to either later today or tomorrow...but don't hold me to it.

This week I have lots new books I'm hoping to read, though I suspect I won't get through half of them, so here are just the ones I'm most likely to get through!

Firelight by Sophie Jordan is the first in a new series featuring dragon shifters know as Draki. It's released tomorrow, Sept 7th, in the US and I can't wait to read it! (beautiful cover as well...)

Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie is the first in a new vampire series from them. The main character was first introduced in a short story in the Immortal anthology [review] which I adored! Very glad to see the world explored for a full novel!

Stargazer by Claudia Gray is the second in he Evernight series, and in I think all my recent gushing for Evernight easily explains why this is high on the TBR list.

So what have you been reading/planning to read?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an amazing list of books! Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-labor-day-edition.html

danya said...

Liked your review of Paranormalcy - I've seen mixed reviews of it, and have been wondering if I could really relate to the protagonist, but it sounds like that didn't stop you from enjoying the book and it's good to hear there's some character growth going on there!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Great looking reads! I have read and finished The DUFF and was waiting for release week to chat about it and I guess we are here arent we? :D

Have a super week!