Wednesday 1 September 2010

Home =

*happy exhausted sigh*

I am back. Been back for several hours actually, reading mostly. I had the most awesome short holiday where I met the cutest, friendliest colt ever who I desperately wanted to bring home, long with an incredibly pretty little filly and a very young, very, very cute pinto colt. All their dam's and the other mares in the herds along with the other youngsters I met were also of the cute and awesome type, but those three babes totally caught my heart.

Cute tiny pinto colt being cute!
Very pretty little filly
Friendliest colt ever! I wanted to bring him home badly!
I make no apologies at all for sharing these totally non book related pics cause, well, my horse obsession beats my book one.

But on a book note, my holiday was also awesome cause I manged to fit in a lot of reading time. I'm hoping to at least partially catch up on reviews tomorrow (brain is fried tonight) but here's a quick run down. While away I read:

The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay. Well, finished it as I'd already started it. Very good read.
Wake by Lisa McMann. Awesome. Have to order the others, Fade and Gone, like, now!
How To Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles. Good, funny, but took a long time for me to like the protagonist!
Evernight by Claudia Gray. Actually only started this one, am about 100 pages in and really loving it so far!

When I got home it was to find my Kindle had finally (it was meant to arrive last Friday....), arrived. Downloaded a few books for it, discovered Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles, the sequel to the very, very awesome Leaving Paradise, was available for it and spent my afternoon/evening reading it. Not a let down in any way!! Also came home to find The Duff by Kody Keplinger and Unraveled by Gena Showalter waiting for me, so I'll be getting in to them shortly as well!

No comments: